Fact: The sun can't get out, because it is getting trapped beneath the layer of pollution.
http://solar-center.stanford.edu/sun-on-earth/glob-warm.html
1.) The source of this website is Stanford Solar Center.
2.) Doesn't really provide any credentials.
3.) This is credible, because they have a lot of information and give ways of contacting them.
4.) This source says the fact is true.
5.) I believe this source.
6.) Because they give a lot of facts and statistics. They say that the sun's brightness has decreased by "0.02% at visible wavelengths, and 6% at extreme UV wavelengths, representing a 12-year low in solar irradiance."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/4171591.stm
1.) The source of this is David Sington.
2.) He is a member of BBC news.
3.) I think this source and article are credible, because it gives ways of contacting, and belongs to a news group.
4.) This source says the fact is true.
5.) I do believe this.
6.) Because they say that for a while people around the country have been noticing the dimming of the sun. They believe it is due to greenhouse gases.
http://www.ecocentre.org.uk/global-warming.html
1.) The source of this website is West Wales ECO Center.
2.) Doesn't provide any credentials, just says that is was written by a memeber of the ECO Centre Staff.
3.) Source is pretty credible, because they are an organization with many links and a lot of different news, and they provide ways of contacting also.
4.) They believe this fact is true about the sun being trapped beneath the layer of pollution.
5.) I believe the source.
6.) Because they state that we need the natural greenhouse effect or the Earth would be at least 30°C cooler and life as we know it would not exist. But it says that due to human activities lately, the natural greenhouse effect is being enhanced. The concentrations are increasing so the infra-red radiation given by the Earth's surface is being trapped.
Overall, I believe this fact is true. Every site I have checked believes this fact is true, and the sources I have found are credible, and this leads me to believe that it is a true statement. I have heard a lot about the topic, and I'm pretty sure that it's true that the greenhouse gas is what is causing the pollution which could eventually completely trap the sun under a layer of pollution.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment